[R-wiki] thoughts and questions after moving some of rtips

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Wed Feb 1 04:44:51 CET 2006

  1. how would you insert a literal [[ into DokuWiki without it thinking
it was an open-link delimiter?

  2. I sure hope there's an easy way for Phillipe to move stuff around
between namespaces on the back end without copying/pasting/deleting old
files. From doing just this much I see a very strong argument for
getting as much of the final structure in place **before** populating
the Wiki with a lot of information, since moving stuff around afterwards
is going to add a lot of work

3. in case anyone's interested, the way to delete a page is to erase
everything in it

4. I think Rtips links (at least) should try to give the important
function in the title: for example,
"Aggregate values, one for each line: by()"
is *much* more useful than
"Aggregate values, one for each line"

  if you're reasonably clueful you can skim the contents lines and
figure out what function to use without clicking through to the page

5. it seems that the index sorts things into alphabetical order
even when they're numbered lists?

620B Bartram Hall                            bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Zoology Department, University of Florida    http://www.zoo.ufl.edu/bolker
Box 118525                                   (ph)  352-392-5697
Gainesville, FL 32611-8525                   (fax) 352-392-3704