[R-sig-teaching] [h.wickham at gmail.com: Re: Teaching R in high school and college science and math courses]

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu May 19 09:06:05 CEST 2016

    > Martin, I'm not sure what URL was missing.

never mind.. others have provided more context, including the
definition of "AP".

    > Here is a list of AP courses.

    > https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/apcourse

    > The program is not just for the US.  Discussion of the
    > current exam is banned until everyone has taken it and
    > that covers many time zones outside the US.

(sure.. but people from the rest of the globe must first
 understand what you are talking about; why should they *know*
 anything at all about 'AP Stats' ... etc..)

Thanks again for bringing up / contributing to this topic.
I hope this thread gets back to *how* entice pre-university
professors/teachers to introduce and use R for applied
mathematics, "graphing", statistics, "data science" or
whatever..

Thanks to all the constructive contributors.
Martin