[R-sig-teaching] Could not load mosaic package

Randall Pruim rpruim at calvin.edu
Mon Jan 5 17:47:56 CET 2015

I’m glad you are giving the mosaic package a try, but the issue below is not with mosaic itself but with loading the dplyr package that mosaic depends on.  I’m not exactly sure what the problem is, but I would start by doing this:

install.packages(“DBI”)
install.packages(“dplyr”)

to make sure you have the newest version of dplyr and DBI on your machine.  Depending on the state of your R System, you might also update all of your packages

	update.packages()

If you are in RStudio or one of the other environments, you can do some or all of these from the menu system instead of from the command line.

If after all this, you still cannot load the mosaic package, give us a updated report and we’ll see what we can do.  But my first guess is that DBI is simply not installed on your machine.

—rjp