[R-sig-teaching] Data sets for teaching advanced stats with R

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Tue Jan 29 22:02:53 CET 2013

Brian Everitt's book

An R and S-Plus Companion to Multivariate Analysis
http://www.springer.com/statistics/social+sciences+%26+law/book/978-1-85233-882-4

has a number of useful data sets.

Murray

On 30/01/2013 9:38 a.m., Allen Cornelius wrote:
> Knowledgable group,
>
> I am in the process of designing an advanced statistics class for doctoral level clinical psychology students. Their background in basic statistical concepts is OK, but they have little exposure to statistical software. I am looking for pre existing data sets that they can explore fairly easily, probably using R and R Commander (though some coding would be OK), to illustrate some multivariate analyses (e.g., advanced regression, MANOVA, factor analysis). I don't expect proficiency with the software, but enough exposure to the output of results of analyses to understand what things mean. I am looking for multiple examples of the same analyses, so they get exposure and practice with lots of stuff.
>
> Any suggestions for data sets included in packages or other good sources of sample multivariate data sets?
>
> Thanks. This list is always informative.
>
> Allen

Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Email: maj at waikato.ac.nz      majmurr at gmail.com         Fax 7 838 4155
Phone  +64 7 838 4773 wk    Home +64 7 825 0441   Mobile 021 0200 8350