[R-sig-teaching] Data sets for teaching advanced stats with R

Allen Cornelius allencornelius at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 21:38:28 CET 2013

Knowledgable group,

I am in the process of designing an advanced statistics class for doctoral level clinical psychology students. Their background in basic statistical concepts is OK, but they have little exposure to statistical software. I am looking for pre existing data sets that they can explore fairly easily, probably using R and R Commander (though some coding would be OK), to illustrate some multivariate analyses (e.g., advanced regression, MANOVA, factor analysis). I don't expect proficiency with the software, but enough exposure to the output of results of analyses to understand what things mean. I am looking for multiple examples of the same analyses, so they get exposure and practice with lots of stuff.

Any suggestions for data sets included in packages or other good sources of sample multivariate data sets?

Thanks. This list is always informative.

Allen