[R-sig-teaching] follow-up on teaching R to high school students

Christopher W Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Tue Jan 8 15:35:06 CET 2013

Ramon--

good point, thanks for bringing it up.  And yes, Ulises's range would
be about right.

By the way, about 10 of the students have so far responded to my
post-workshop survey. Again a very informal and ad-hoc instrument.
Four have installed R on a computer of their own. None have installed
any additional packages. Three have used R for something so far: 2 for
their research project as part of this longitudinal class, 1 for
calculations and graphing in another science class, and 1 for a
non-school-related activity.

--Chris Ryan