[R-sig-teaching] Download all package

Robert W. Hayden hayden at mv.mv.com
Fri Oct 8 19:14:09 CEST 2010

Forwarded message:
> From: Greg Snow <Greg.Snow at imail.org>
>
> Within R you can set your mirror and your repositories then do:
>
> > install.packages(new.packages())
>
> Then go home for the weekend because it is going to take quite a while to d=
> ownload and install everything.

That's more elegant than using Firefox with Down Them All but it seems
to me which way to go depends on the situation.  (The original post
did not specify.) If you have R running on a machine connected to
the Internet and you want to INSTALL all packages for THAT version of
R then Greg's solution does the trick.  My situation has been making
the packages available to machines running older versions of R and NOT
connected to the Internet.  (One reason for that situation is some
Windows 98 machines that can't run the current version of R and are
not allowed on the Internet for security reasons.)

------->  First-time AP Stats. teacher?  Help is on the way! See

http://courses.ncssm.edu/math/Stat_Inst/Stats2007/Bob%20Hayden/Relief.html

Robert W. Hayden   phone (802) 334-1789  web site http://statland.org/
email  bob statland.org  (add your own "@" and save me some spam)