[RsR] New maintainer? Package 'robust' (original S+ "Library 'robust') orphaned on CRAN

Thu Mar 5 17:20:55 CET 2020

    > Dear Martin,
    > I was thinking of this since Kjell
    > abandoned the package, but I was not sure to what extent would this be
    > necessary - most of the functionality of 'robust' we already moved to
    > 'robustbase' and/or 'rrcov', therefore it suggests/imports these packages.
    > Let us see in the next days what still remains there and is valuable and
    > decide what to do.

    > Best regards,
    > Valentin

Thank you, Valentin.

I had similar thoughts a long time ago, I think prompted
indepedently by  Kjell  and Doug Martin ...

I vaguely remember I found that there have been things in
'Robust' which looked valuable and notably good to have for
comparison reasons,
*but* that were a lot work to "tear out" of the robust package
(including the necessary underlying Fortran code, but *not*
 taking all the Fortran code that would *not* be needed ...).

In the mean time the CRAN team has archived the package
'robust', and  I must adapt the 'Robustness' CRAN task view
considerably (and remove the 'Suggests: robust'  from my
robustbase package.

I'd be grateful for help and suggestions in still trying
'salvage' valuable resources out of 'robust'.

BTW:  Why has  rrcovNA  be archived?

Best,
Martin