[RsR] error/warning messages with lmrob()

Stahel Werner A. @t@he| @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Sat Aug 24 23:04:04 CEST 2019

Dear Emily

A short answer also to your questions about non-convergence of lmrob.

You are using it to characterize the trend in many time series.

I assume that the problems are caused by the series being short.

I would be interested in getting some of those that cause problems.

For a simple regression, you may fall back on good old  rlm(...)

In the meantime, I will again try to convince the maintainers of  lmrob

to introduce the possibility of providing  initial  values that allow for

avoiding the initial S step -- since this step causes the problems.

Best regards. Werner

Werner Stahel
M +41 79 784 9330 | P +41 44 364 6424