[RsR] Maximum number of variables with lmRob? Error: singular matrix encountered

Fabricio Vasselai |@br|c|ov@@@e|@| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 29 21:37:21 CEST 2012

Dears, Thank you very much for your replies so far.

First, about my dataset, I am not allowed to publish it here yet. But I am
arranging to simulate something similar to show you a data-baase example of
the problem.

Manuel: you just gave me a good idea. And indeed, the problem does not
happen when I use lmrob! Awesome. The only problem is: when I run smaller
models, with 10 variables for instance, so lmRob does work for me, then the
results from lmRob and from lmrob are substantialy different. Sorry for the
silly question, but I would be very interesting in understanding why those
two versions of the package could give such a difference. It can be very
interesting to asnwer many theoretical qusetions.

S.Ellison: very right, it would make sense. But the problem still happens
with only one interaction, unfortunattely.

Thanks a lot right now for the insights.

FABRICIO