[RsR] lmRob and lmrob

Manuel Koller ko||er @end|ng |rom @t@t@m@th@ethz@ch
Thu May 31 11:41:06 CEST 2012

Dear Suresh,

I recommend using lmrob of the robustbase package.

lmRob of the robust package used to have an advantage over lmrob if
there were categorical predictors, but as of robustbase version 0.9,
this is no longer the case.

Also note that lmrob has some extensions that aim to improve
performance for small data sets (setting="KS2011"). Details and
references are given in the help files of lmrob and lmrob.control.

Best regards,

Manuel