[RsR] minimum sample size for the robust counterpart of the t-test #2

Richard Friedman |r|edm@n @end|ng |rom c@ncercenter@co|umb|@@edu
Thu Jun 16 18:02:04 CEST 2011

Dear Rand (and List),

	I read the relevant sections of your book and while informative it
did not answer my question
directly as best I can see. I will restate the question more explicitly:

A robust analog of the two sample  t-test is performed with the rlm
function with the default parameters of
the Huber method with K=1.345. Is there a minimum sample size for
which it should be trusted?
are 5 samples enough? 10 samples?

If this question does not have a simple answer please let me know.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich