[RsR] minimum sample size for the robust counterpart of the t-test

Richard Friedman |r|edm@n @end|ng |rom c@ncercenter@co|umb|@@edu
Wed Jun 15 21:10:03 CEST 2011

Dear List,

	I am a beginner in the use of robust methods. Is there a minimum
sample size
for which the robust analog of a two sample t-test using rlm with
default parameters and categorical
explanatory variables may be trusted to yield reliable p-values?
Is so, can you please point me at a reference which treats this problem.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman using cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

I am a Bayesian. When I see a multiple-choice question on a test and I
don't
know the answer I say "eeney-meaney-miney-moe".

Rose Friedman, Age 14