[RsR] Robust nonlinear regression in R

Ruckstuhl Andreas (rkst) rk@t @end|ng |rom zh@w@ch
Mon Oct 20 08:00:01 CEST 2008

Dear Dorst

There are some good advices on how to generate good starting values in the book of Bates and Watts ("Nonlinear Regression Analysis & Its Applications", Wiley 1988).

Hint:
In partial linear problems, a linear regression model can be fitted to generate stating values. Make sure you use robust fitting procedures because they produce more reliable stating values usually (just my experience).

All the best
Andreas