[RsR] Robust nonlinear regression in R

Fri Sep 26 09:46:48 CEST 2008

    k> Hi dear linsters,
    k> I am starting work on a robust nonlinear regression project. Is there any
    k> code, stuff in R for robust estimation of nonlinear regression functions.
    k> any comments,material help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    k> thanks in advance,

Have you looked at  nlrob()  in package "robustbase" ?

I think you should.
Note that after  library(robustbase)
    methods(class = "nlrob")
shows you the list of available mehods to work on the result of
nlrob().
Further note that we know the list of methods for such nlrob
objects is not as complete as we would like, and if you are
interested in computational methods for such models, we
(notably also Andreas Ruckstuhl) should start collaborating
here.

Best regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich