[RsR] R-forge project "robust-ts" (the time series counter-part to "robustbase") is set up

Peter Ruckdeschel peter@ruckde@che| @end|ng |rom un|-b@yreuth@de
Thu Nov 8 14:44:18 CET 2007

cross-posting; sorry for this, I did not know how to avoid this.

As announced in the (end-)minutes of the Banff workshop,
I have now set up an R-forge project  "robust-ts".

see:     https://r-forge.r-project.org/
and     https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/robust-ts/

This project is meant as a platform for collaborative
implementation of robust counter-parts to the time series
functionality in R-package "stats".

On the long run ---be it by direct integration of S-Plus code
if legal (Kjell Konis is pushing this forward at Insightful) or by
re-implementation--- it is also to contain the robust time series
routines of chapter 8 of  "Robust Statistics, Theory and Methods"
by Maronna, Martin and Yohai; 2006.

So far, not too much has been done (in particular: there is not
a single bit of code up to now) and some things have
still to be settled with the Vienna guys who provide
the R-forge infrastructure.

In order not to blow up this mail unnecessarily, I have
written up two small .txt-Files

The first one lists some open issues in using R-forge for this
project, which remain to be settled in the next future.

The second is a step-by-step "Howto" for anyone who wants to
collaborate in this project. Any volunteer in this direction will be
warmly welcome!

These files are available under

https://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/www/OpenIssues.txt?rev=3&root=robust-ts&view=markup
https://r-forge.r-project.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/www/HOWTO-collaborate.txt?rev=3&root=robust-ts&view=markup