[RsR] boxplot: whiskers

Matias Salibian-Barrera m@t|@@ @end|ng |rom @t@t@ubc@c@
Thu Oct 18 18:31:43 CEST 2007

Hello,

>From "help(boxplot)": the argument "range", that equals 1.5 by default,
"determines how far the plot whiskers extend out from the box.  If
'range' is positive, the whiskers extend to the most extreme data point
which is no more than 'range' times the interquartile range from the box
(...)"

As far as I can see, this is cannot be easily connected to a confidence
interval for the location parameter.

Matias