[RsR] rrcov CovMest

Valentin Todorov v@|ent|n@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 21 11:28:43 CEST 2007

Dear Ibrahim,

As I wrote you on Friday (write me if you did not receive my mail),
for outlier detection you do not need to bother about these weights,
but rather take the distances returned by the method getDistances().

The weights wt and vt are used in the iterative computation of the
S/Constrained M estimates and you can find the necessary formulas in

David L. Woodruff, David M. Rocke, (1994) Computable Robust Estimation
of Multivariate Location and Shape in High Dimension Using Compound
Estimators, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 89,
No. 427, pp. 888-896

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0162-1459(199409)89%3A427%3C888%3ACREOML%3E2.0.CO%3B2-Y

(which is referred to in the help).

Off-list I am sending you a pdf with the description of the algorithm
and I promise to add it to the help file.

Best regards,
Valentin