[RsR] Package name

Wed Dec 14 16:12:33 CET 2005

    Alfio> Hi,
    Alfio> again, I agree with Werner: robustbase (robust-base, robust.base) is much
    Alfio> easer to remember than robstats (robstat) and more appropriate than robusta.

and we haven't heard anything further.
I'd like to reach a conclusion.

On some forums, the last answer is taken to be okay when nobody
replies anymore.  I doubt though that this would be the case
here :-)

In my (biased) view I think we have the following highest
ranking contenders ("-" and "." are not to be used in package names):

 1  robustbase
 2  robustats
 3  robustat
 4  robusta

with some google-statistics arguments against #4.

Unless there are urgent new contenders,
can I collect votes, please?
To make it interesting, everyone would have 3 votes that can of
course be partitioned as  3 or 2+1 or 1+1+1.

Ideally, you send them privately to me {where you have to trust
my honesty ;-)}, or then (mis)use the list.

In order to easily collect the votes, a simple e-mail with only
one line such as

Alfio  3 0 0 0
       ( "Alfio gives all his 3 votes to 'robustbase'")
or
Martin 0 1 0 2
       ( "Martin gives 1 to 'robustats' and 2 to 'robusta')

would make things quite efficient for me
since I could use read.table() and rowSums() and colSums() to
check and summarize.

Unless we get new contenders (i.e. names for the above list)
within the next 12 hours, I'll be collecting votes till
Sunday, Dec.18, midnight MET (= UTC+1).

Martin