[RsR] Package title (was: OGK covariance estimator)

Wed Dec 7 15:29:50 CET 2005

    Wst> Hello Names are always nice to discuss. Let me add a
    Wst> simple proposal for the name of the package: robust
    Wst> Since this should be the well maintained collection of
    Wst> robust methods, I would go for the "generic" name.

(and Alfio Marazzi agreed with you).

There is one very good reason against 'robust':
Insightful's  library(robust) for S-plus.

Our package will certainly not be a clone, and probably quite
different in more than respect.  If we chose the same name,
that would lead to a *lot* of potential user confusion for those
who use both R and S-plus.
I'm sorry but I think that "robust" is really already taken in
the world of S ...

Martin