[RsR] Package title (was: OGK covariance estimator)

Tue Dec 6 17:26:18 CET 2005

    Valentin> Why not simply 'robusta'
    Valentin> It is very easy also to find a logo for the package - robusta means:
    Valentin> - a coffee plant - Coffea canephora (robusta)
    Valentin> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Detail_of_Coffea_canephora_branch_and_leaves.jpg

    Valentin> - a palm tree - Washingtonia robusta
    Valentin> - a cactus - Opuntia robusta

cute!

Thank you, Valentin and Jean-Christophe!
I think both proposals are better than my original ones
{though I would not like to capitalize the 'ST' (in 'robuSTats')}.

As a Swiss, I should of course plan to organize a vote
now about the package *name*
{ strictly speaking, the package "title" is something else: namely
  the text after 'Title:' in package DESCRIPTION file.
  Currently, I have 'Title: Robust Statistics'
  there, but that's something that can easily be changed later;
  changing the package *name* however is much less desirable at
  some later time.
}
but instead of the vote, I'm waiting for more
comments/suggestions.
Where I'd personally slightly prefer 'robusta', I note that the
name could also be a drawback, when searching for it, e.g., by google.

Martin