[R-sig-ME] Spatial autocorrelation correction lme4

Sun Jun 4 22:50:01 CEST 2023

    (Note the list is not just me! -- I should have mentioned that when
I asked you to forward this e-mail to the mailing list ...)

   The CRAN mixed models task view
https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/MixedModels.html lists the
following packages:

Spatial models: nlme (with corStruct functions), CARBayesST, sphet,
spind, spaMM, glmmfields, glmmTMB, inlabru (spatial point processes via
log-Gaussian Cox processes), brms, LMMsolver, bamlss; see also the
Spatial and SpatioTemporal CRAN task views.

   These don't all handle GLMMs, but many of them do.  glmmTMB or spaMM
might be the quickest to adapt.

   There is a vignette about quasi-AIC associated with the bbmle
package, but it's not very optimistic about the effort it would take to
get a qAIC out of a glmmPQL fit:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bbmle/vignettes/quasi.pdf