[R-sig-ME] Detecting Group Size Differences in Clusters

Simon Harmel @|m@h@rme| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 29 17:43:41 CET 2022

Hello All,

Imagine we have two groups of students in a school: group A and group B.

The distribution of these two groups of students in each class (CLASS)
nested in each course (COURSE) is shown below (*the actual data is larger*).

**QUESTION: I was wondering if there is a mixed method technique to answer
the following questions:

1- Overall, is a significantly larger group A vs. B students found in the
data?

2- For each course, is a significantly larger group A vs. B students found
in data?

Warm Regards,
Simon

dat <- read.table(text="
COURSE          CLASS  GROUP_A   GROUP_B
algebra         1         25        8
algebra         2         35        9
number_theory   3         18        7
number_theory   4         14        11