[R-sig-ME] I would need some advice about repeated anova 2 ways and how to code it within lmer function

Wed Oct 12 01:31:22 CEST 2022

I am barely functional with mixed models, but your email is barely legible (you sent HTML formatted email but we received only plain text per the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of every message on this list) so I thought you should at least know we don't see whatever you saw when you sent it.

From what I can gather, you claim to be more interested in time effect but you only have three points in time but five in frequency. I think you are going to have a very difficult time extracting statistically meaningful model characterization with respect to time from this data set.

Mixed models generally require significantly more data to draw conclusions than lm/glm models... but they also try to extract more information from the data set. Are you sure an lm or glm model isn't better suited for this?