[R-sig-ME] Autocorrelated and Heteroscedastic Random-Slopes

Sun, John j@un20 @end|ng |rom @|b@ny@edu
Tue Oct 11 14:52:36 CEST 2022

Dear All,

I am writing to ask how to obtain autocorrelated and heteroscedastic random slopes. I know the single pipe | makes the random-slopes cross-correlated with the random-intercept.
Are the random-slopes already autocorrelated and heteroscedastic by default in common uses of lme4-nlme?
I also want to try making the random-slopes have a Toeplitz, Unstructured or AR-1 structure with itself.

I am not talking about the correlation between the random-slopes and intercepts.
I am talking about the covariance between random-slopes with random-slopes with different periods-itself.

Best regards,
Kpjm