[R-sig-ME] A question about multicollinear fixed/random factors

João Veríssimo j|@ver|@@|mo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Aug 20 12:15:10 CEST 2022

If I'm understanding this right, I don't think there is a problem at all.
Mixed-effects models can accommodate fixed effects at different levels
and these can coexist with the random effects without any issues. Number
of days is simply a 'Level-2' predictor, with a unique value for each
meeting.

(for more complex random-effects structures, you might want to consider
the inclusion of session as another random factor and/or of by-word
random slopes)

João