[R-sig-ME] Choice of distribution for random effects

J.D. Haltigan jh@|t|g@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 20 10:39:52 CEST 2022

Thanks, I will inspect the BLUPS.

Re: choice of distribution, what I meant was, for example, if my fixed
effects family is estimated using a Poisson model, does that inform the
choice for random effects as well? (i.e., why would one invoke a gaussian
distribution for random effects if the response variable is, say,
categorical, or a count?)