[R-sig-ME] Using nAGQ = 0 in glmer or lmer

Hedyeh Ahmadi hedyeh@h @end|ng |rom u@c@edu
Tue Feb 15 21:39:27 CET 2022

Hello All,
I have used the option nAGQ=0 in many of lme models and I have read about it, my understanding is that the difference between the default, which nAGQ=1 vs nAGQ=0 is the estimation process in the background.

My question is that, in general if we use nAGQ=0, is our estimation still trustworthy?

Does it make it more accurate/trustworthy if our sample size is large?

Are there scenarios that we should absolutely not use nAGQ=0?

Thank you in advcance.

Best,

Hedyeh Ahmadi