[R-sig-ME] Glmer Stack Imbalance Warning

Tue Feb 15 20:02:05 CET 2022

   This is surprising; I don't recall ever seeing this error in
conjunction with lme4, although there is a brief discussion of it (but
without a reproducible example) in this mailing list thread from 12
years ago.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2009q3/002851.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2009q3/002857.html

  If it's reproducible, this would definitely constitute a bug in lme4.
  At the very least, we would need the output of sessionInfo().  As an
attempt at a "turn it off and back on again"-style solution, I would
suggest reinstalling Rcpp, RcppEigen, and lme4 (in that order),
preferably from source ...

   cheers
    Ben Bolker

On 2/15/22 1:51 PM, Hedyeh Ahmadi wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm running a glmer model and I'm getting a "stack imbalance" warning. When I searched for explanations, it looks like it's a programing bug.
>
> Here is a link with some information (that might be relevant) that I don't fully understand:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6779530/what-is-a-stack-imbalance
>
> I was wondering if you can help me understanding this warning in general. Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
>
> Best,
>
> Hedyeh
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
(Acting) Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics