[R-sig-ME] A GLMER Question

Jamie Dallas j@m|ed@||@@88 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 13 22:36:28 CET 2021

Hello All,
I am running a GLMER with Gamma distribution and identity link. I have to
add a small constant (1 or 0.001) to my outcome to be able to run my models.

I know in a linear regression with Normality assumption, this only effects
my intercept but my other coefficient estimates will stay the same.

However, in my GLMER models I am noticing the choice of constant effects
all my parameter estimates. I thought since I am using an identity link
this should not happen.

1- Is my understanding wrong?

2- Why are my parameter estimates changing in my Gamma distributed GLMER
with identity link models, depending on the choice of added constant to my
outcome?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Jamie