[R-sig-ME] p-correction for effects in LMM

Bojana Dinic boj@n@@d|n|c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 26 08:41:26 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

     I use linear mixed models with 1 random effect (subject), 2 fixed
     factors (one  is between factor and another is repeated) and one
covariate, and
     explore all main effects, 2-way interactions and one 3-way
interaction.
     Regarding of used software, somewhere I get effect of intercept,
     somewhere not. Reviewer asks to use p-adjustment for these
     effects. My dilemma is should I apply p-correction for 7 tests or 8
(including
     random intercept for subjects)?

     The output do not contain F for random effect, but only variance.
     Also, the output do not contain effect size. CIs are available only
for
     betas as product of specific level of both fixed effects and
covariate, but
     since I have 3 levels for between and 4 for repeated effects, the
     output is not helpful + there is no possibility to change reference
group.
     Thus, I'm stuck with p-adjustment.

    Any help is welcomed.
     Thank you.