[R-sig-ME] comparing GLS residuals with lme + correlation=corExp(form=~1, nugget=T) residuals

Tue Oct 12 01:28:22 CEST 2021

    Yes, that should be correct. type="normalized" should get you the
residuals corrected for autocorrelation and heteroscedasticity (if it's
in the model).  A lot of people (including me!) routinely get confused
because the default residuals are "response" (i.e. accounting for
neither heterosced. nor correlation).