[R-sig-ME] Error in MEEM(object, conLin, control$niterEM) : Singularity in backsolve at level 0, block 1 in LME model

Wed Jul 7 16:25:50 CEST 2021

   You have constructed a model with multicollinear predictors (another
way to put this is that your model matrix is rank-deficient).  R's
formula interface usually takes care of discarding redundant columns,
but when interactions are spelled out explicitly with it can't always
manage. You might do better expressing the fixed effects component of
the model as

(provenance + treatment + status)^2
'
As is often stated in this forum, you may have trouble fitting a random
effect with only four levels (repetition).

   Ben Bolker