[R-sig-ME] effective sample size in MCMCglmm

Walid Crampton-Mawass w@||dm@w@@@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 22 18:30:26 CET 2021

Hello,

One way to improve the convergence of your phylogenetic model would be to
increase the burn in iterations of the chain and take it into account in
your total number of iterations. So in your case, I would set nitt=2500000,
burnin= 500000 and nitt=2000, that way you would have a sample of 1000
iterations saved from the total chain iterations (of course you can
increase the thin interval based on the sample size of saved iterations you
want).

Good luck
--
Walid Crampton-Mawass