[R-sig-ME] A newbie: When to allow residuals to correlate?

Jack Solomon kj@j@o|omon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 22 00:13:32 CET 2021

ps. To be clear, I understand that lowest level errors within each level of
a grouping variable with respect to 'time' are correlated due to repeated
measurements. But what I don't understand is why correlating random-effects
alone can't account for such correlation.