[R-sig-ME] Regression analysis with small but complete dataset (fully representing reality)?

Patrick (Malone Quantitative) m@|one @end|ng |rom m@|onequ@nt|t@t|ve@com
Fri Dec 25 18:07:17 CET 2020

Diana,

cc'ing the list again in case anyone else has input

I was asking if the missing was structural--for example, hours per shift if
someone is unemployed at the time of measurement. In that scenario, you
could have missing "values" but still completely observed *data*.

Normally, I would assume that questions about missing data refer to
incomplete observation, but you clearly have a special situation, which is
why I asked.

If your population data is completely observed, again, you don't need
inferential statistics.

If not, you do indeed have a sample of the data, not the population, even
though you have most of it. I believe there are corrections that need to be
made to inferential statistics for small populations. I don't have
experience with that, but that might get you started.

Pat