[R-sig-ME] Not really interested in correlations or random effects variances

Phillip Alday ph||||p@@|d@y @end|ng |rom mp|@n|
Fri Oct 2 16:44:57 CEST 2020

You've discovered the compound symmetric model.

I owe this list some comments on this, but if you search the archives
for some discussion between Maarten Jung and me (one thread was titled
"Appropriate model reduction sequence for factorial design in glmmTMB"
from 2020Q2), you'll find some thoughts on this.

Best,
phillip