[R-sig-ME] CLMM: Calculate ICC & Assessing Model Fit

Juho Kristian Ruohonen juho@kr|@t|@n@ruohonen @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 19 15:35:00 CEST 2020

Just voicing two thoughts as a non-statistician:

1. Why do you feel you need a mixed model in the first place? It looks to
me like every Individual is contributing the same number of responses (i.e.
4). Thus, the individual-specific effects can be assumed to cancel each
other out, and no random effect is needed.
2. Why complicate things with a non-canonical link function? It looks to me
like a standard ordinal logistic regression model, with fixed effects only,
would do the job for you. Guides and textbooks abound on how to assess the
fit of such models.

Best,

ke 19. elok. 2020 klo 14.44 Sidoti, Salvatore A. (