[R-sig-ME] lme4 - Mixed Model question

Axel Urbiz @xe|@urb|z @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 13 18:06:24 CEST 2020

Dear List,

I’d appreciate any guidance on the following.

I’m using a mixed effects logistic regression model, to allow coefficients to vary by a group variable. However, my case is not typical in the sense that I need to specify a different set of covariates for each level of the group variable. Say I have 3 covariates {x1, x2, x3} and 2 groups {g1, g2}. I want to specify a model for g1 that only depends on x1 and x2, and a model for g2 that only depends on x2 and x3.

Note that the 2 groups is just for illustration. I actually have many more than that.

Is this possible with lme4?

Thanks,
Axel.