[R-sig-ME] same model runs in nlme but not lme4

Simon Harmel @|m@h@rme| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 24 00:44:43 CEST 2020

Just curious, *as.data.frame(profile(fitted glmmTMB model))* e.g., as
demonstrated HERE
<https://rdrr.io/cran/glmmTMB/man/profile.glmmTMB.html>, doesn't
return a "zeta" column as in lme4 models, rather it contains a column
called "value", what is "value" and why we take its square root when
plotting the likelihood profile?

(p.s. I'm assuming a V pattern in the likelihood profile plot would confirm
the health of Wald CIs for glmTMB models, right?)

Thanks, Simon