[R-sig-ME] lme approximation method for dfs

Salahadin Lotfi @@|@h@d|n@|ot|| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat May 23 09:11:59 CEST 2020

Dear all,
I have a very simple question but, have been having a hard time to figure
it out.
I am using a mixed model with random intercept and slope using lme function
with an unstructured covariance matrix. I know lmer uses Satterthwaite's
approximation method to approximate dfs of fixed effects, but I am not sure
what is the preferred method that lme uses. Is it Wald or Likelihood ratio?
I don't think lme offers such an option to specify an approximation method
for dfs of fixed effects. Does it?

I appreciate any response in advance.
Sala

Salahadin (Sala) Lotfi

PhD Candidate of Cognitive Neuroscience

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Anxiety Disorders Laboratory

President, Association of Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, UWM