[R-sig-ME] blme optimizer warnings

Thu May 14 02:59:45 CEST 2020

    Without looking very carefully at this:

* unless your response variable is somehow already centered at zero by
design, a model with no intercept at all is going to be
weird/problematic (random effects are always zero-centered by definition).

* is it really OK to have an infinite scale in your wishart prior?  (It
may be fine, I'm not immediately familiar with the blme
parameterizations, it just looks weird)

* the fact that your standard devs are all exactly 1 suggests that the
optimizer bailed out before actually doing anything (these are the
default starting values).

   Can you provide a reproducible example?