[R-sig-ME] Is there a way to deal with errors such as this?

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Dec 15 21:45:34 CET 2019

On 15/12/19 11:20 pm, Daniel Lüdecke wrote:

> The model seems to fit w/o error when you use "glmmTMB". Unlike
> glmmADAPTIVE, which uses a more time consuming adaptive Gaussian
> quadrature rule, glmmTMB might be faster to run the models (even faster
> than glmer(), probably).

<SNIP>

Thanks for this advice.  For some reason I had it my head that
GLMMadaptive worked better than glmmTMB.  I don't know why I got that
idea.  I will do some experimentation and timing assessments later on.
But for the moment I'm sticking with glmer() and the strategy of
discarding the simulated data set and generating a new one if glmer()
throws an error.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf