[R-sig-ME] Is there a way to deal with errors such as this?

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Dec 15 03:47:45 CET 2019

Thanks to Jonathan Judge and Ben Bolker for their replies.  It appears
that the short answer to my question is "No."

That being so, I will go with the strategy of wrapping the calls in
try() and simulating new data if the error occurs.  If this risks
biasing the simulation results, well, at least I have a good excuse to
tell the referees! :-)

Perhaps later I will re-run the simulations using mixed_model() from
GLMMadaptive and compare the results.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Rolf