[R-sig-ME] Understanding and analysing split split design using lmer()

Rabin KC kc000001 @end|ng |rom umn@edu
Tue Sep 10 10:39:45 CEST 2019

Thank you for your suggestion, Guillaume.

However, the model you suggest is overparameterized in my case. I don't
have enough observations to fit the maximal model.

Also regarding blocks as fixed, I would like to make block inferences in a
broad sense. Is there a particular reason that 4 levels are not enough to
be modeled as a random effect? Or is it due to the risk of getting
imprecise treatment estimates as mentioned in this topic below?

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2010q2/003712.html

I look forward to hearing from you

Rabin