[R-sig-ME] chisq = 0 and p = 1 in glmer model comparison result

Guillaume Adeux gu|||@ume@|mon@@2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 3 15:25:04 CEST 2019

Hello Becky,

Even though I cannot directly answer your question... a Chisq of 0 with
such a difference in AIC seems indeed suspicious.

To test the effect of your predictor in a GLMM context through LRT tests,
you could (should?) consider using the test_terms function from the {monet}
package or its little brother function mixed() from the {afex} package.
These packages are specifically designed for such tests.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Guillaume ADEUX