[R-sig-ME] GLMMTMB false convergence

Michael Whitby m|ch@e|@wh|tby @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 29 20:38:57 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have built a zero-inflated GLMM (truncated_nbinom2 distribution) with an
ar1 covariance structure using GLMMTMB (latest development version as of
yesterday) and MRAN 3.5.1 on a server running windows server 2016.

The model produces a warning about false convergence and points to the
troubleshooting vignette.
However, that page does not specifically mention false convergence. Is the
advice for handling this warning the same as another section in the
vignette?

There are no NA's in the parameter estimate, the AIC values are reported,
and sdr$pdhess is TRUE.

Is this model useable? If not, any advice on determining where the problem
exists? (I assume it is overparameterized despite a large dataset)

I apologize for not including a reproducible example, I haven't been able
to reproduce the false convergence warning with other datasets

Michael Whitby
michael.whitby using gmail.com