[R-sig-ME] logistic regression on posttest (0, 1) with pretest(0, 1)*Group(Treatment, Ctrl) interaction

Sorkin, John j@ork|n @end|ng |rom @om@um@ry|@nd@edu
Sun Apr 21 20:55:55 CEST 2019

Souheyla,

Souheyla,

I don't know every R package so I can't make a blanket statement. Searching the internet makes it appear that  using lm(y~x*z) will produce a model with the main effects and the interaction, i.e. y=f(x,z,x*z). Nevertheless, I believe it to be best coding practices (especially when sending your code to a third part) to always expressly give all terms in a model and never leave the main effects out of a model with an interaction. I am sorry I can't be of any additional help with the more fundamental aspects of your original posting.

John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524