[R-sig-ME] Log likelihood of a glmer() binomial model .

Juho Kristian Ruohonen juho@kr|@t|@n@ruohonen @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 20 09:42:16 CEST 2019

Rolf: Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the relevant log-likelihood here the
log-likelihood of the observed responses in the validation set given the
model-predicted probabilities? I.e. sum(dbinom(VS$y, size = VS$n, prob =
predict(fit, newdata = VS, type = "response"), log = TRUE))? Even this
would be somewhat off because dbinom() isn't aware of the random-effects
integral business. But it looks to me like your current call is calculating
the log-sum of the predicted probabilities of y = 1 in the validation set,
not the loglikelihood of the observed responses in the validation set.

la 20. huhtik. 2019 klo 8.51 Rolf Turner (r.turner using auckland.ac.nz)