[R-sig-ME] convergence: nearly unidentifiable: very large eigenvalue-Rescale variables?

Souheyla GHEBGHOUB @ouhey|@@ghebghoub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 18 13:14:10 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I have a continuous predictor, duration, of 28 levels but with a large
variance (from 0 to 400). This inhibits convergence. I used all techniques
mentioned in this link lme4 convergence warnings: troubleshooting
<https://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazonaws.com/33653_57fc7b8e5d484c909b615d8633c01d51.html>
but
nothing worked : ( ?
Here is my model:

*mod <- glmer(response~duration + wfpre + sequence + verbalfreq + PoS +
Characters + (1|Subject) + (1|Word), glmerControl(optimizer="bobyqa",
optCtrl = list(maxfun = 2e5)), **data = df, family = 'binomial')*

Could you please assist me with this?
Thank you
Souheyla